Have I mentioned I LOVE PUMPKIN SEASON? Otherwise known as autumn or fall. My birthday always marks the beginning of autumn in my mind even though everywhere I’ve lived as an adult is very unlike Alaska and for some reason it doesn’t become autumn for a while still. Bummer. Anyway, I have pumpkins on the brain, so I decided to try making one! Or two… or three….
Cute, right? And so easy!
- Take whatever fabric you want to make a pumpkin out of and cut two circles of identical size.
- Place the circles right sides together and sew around most of the circle, leaving a small opening for stuffing.
- Turn it right side out and stuff it as full as you would like! I used a polyester fiberfill.
- Stitch the opening closed (you can either hand stitch or try to use the machine- I just hand stitched it). Then take some thread… or a lot of thread… and thread a needle with it.
- Now for the fun part! Tie a nice big knot on the end of the thread and poke it through the very center of the pumpkin. Pulling tight, loop the thread around the sides of the pumpkin so you are always going in at the same spot and coming out at the same spot.
- For the final touch, I took part of a green pipe cleaner and twisted it to be a little thicker and then just used my hot glue gun to attach it to the top of the pumpkin.
And voila! So easy and quick!