Well, it’s been a week now. I have exercised a lot, ate better (was doing great until Saturday actually), and overall I am down 3lbs. I’m okay with 3lbs. Sure, I’d love for it to be more… but I feel like this is a healthy way for it to come off.
This week is going to be tough though. Sure, my Boot Camp actually ends in a couple days… but I want to continue with the healthiness! This week we are going to be traveling to the Mayo Clinic again… which means two days this week will be sitting in the car driving, and two more days will be with my routine completely messed up and staying in a hotel.
So that got me thinking about …
Health Tips While Traveling:
- Pack healthy foods, pre-cut and ready to go. For me this means celery sticks, apples, grapes, Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and sandwich fixings.
- Does your hotel have a fitness center or pool? Use them! I plan on exercising while I am there, even if I can’t do as much as when I’m at home.
- No Excuses! It is soooooooo easy to “cheat” while traveling. To say that something is okay just because you aren’t at home. Calories still count and muscles still work.
- Prep with health in mind. Pack your exercise clothes and swim suit. Pack your running shoes. Grab your yoga mat. Think ahead!
- Make a special workout playlist just for the trip. It will give you something fun and new to look forward to!
- Don’t expect your travel companions to have your same goals. Everyone is different and if you expect everyone to be on board… you will probably be badly mistaken. This can lead to you not sticking to your goals because “they” aren’t doing it. Don’t fall into that trap.
- Remind yourself what the end goal is. Give yourself a little boost of excitement for what you are doing! Check out Pinterest motivation quotes if you have to, but do something to get you feeling pumped.
- Find some yoga videos on YouTube that you want to try out. You can do yoga pretty much anywhere! Especially great if camping… outdoor yoga just feels so good!
- Plan on letting yourself buy one new piece of exercise clothes while on your trip if you can. This will help keep exercising on your mind, plus who doesn’t get excited to work out when they have cute clothes?!
- Don’t get discouraged. You may not end up feeling like you met your goals while traveling. That’s okay. You are still a whole lot better off than if you didn’t try at all. Enjoy yourself and have a great trip.
In my case, this isn’t a “fun” trip. But I’m still going to find something joyful in each day.
Love you all!