I debated calling this my Health Quest Log RAID since I like using the video game theme, but boot camp seems more relatable and understandable in this case.
If you listen to Gretchen Rubin’s “Happier” podcast then you may be familiar with this idea. That’s where I got the idea from anyway!
Okay so what is it?
If you’ve been following my blog then you know that I’ve been working for a while now on trying to get healthier. I have done pretty well with the exercising and am starting to feel stronger and able to breathe better. However I really haven’t had any improvement in my eating and have not lost any weight. Now, it’s June! It’s summer! I want to kickstart this summer of healthiness off right.
Hence, the boot camp.
For 10 days I am going to forgo my regular posting schedule and focus on health. In fact, for everything in my life I am going to focus on health. I am going to spend 10 days where I am going to put all my energy into my health and will keep you all updated (and therefore myself accountable) via this blog and twitter. If you would like to join me in this boot camp, please follow me on twitter @CraftingRogue and let me know! This boot camp will begin on Monday, June 5th 2017.
Although I will allow myself to not keep entirely to a schedule, here are some of the things I will be focusing on:
- Upping my daily step count! On days I exercise, right now I average 5-6,000 steps per day. I would like to shoot for 10,000 during this time.
- Eating healthy. Seriously. I am going to use MyFitnessPal to keep track of my calories but mainly will focus on choosing healthy options for foods, including lots of veggies and protein.
- Medications! I am pretty good about taking my prescribed medicine, but I stink at taking my vitamins. I am going to make sure I am taking them daily as I should do all the time!
- Taking care of my skin. This means washing my face every day, putting on sunscreen if I’m going outside, using my night cream, and whatever else.
- Sticking to a sleep schedule. I stay up too late and sleep in pretty late. This isn’t healthy. At least not for me. So, I am going to make myself go to bed sometime between 9 and 10 and get up between 6 and 7.
- Exercise Exercise Exercise. I want to really push myself during these 10 days. I want to make myself really feel it… feel the burn!!
- Yoga every day. I actually do yoga pretty much every day already… but I want to increase my routine. Right now I just do a simple routine of stretches before I go to bed that takes about 10 minutes. I plan on increasing this and following some YouTube yoga routines that should help me to push myself out of my yoga-shell.
- Swim. Our apartment has a pool (although it is broken right now so it’s closed off). They claim it should be opening any day… so if it opens during this boot camp, I plan on getting myself outside and swimming a little every morning. It’s not exactly a big pool (think cheap hotel sized) but it’s still nice to have and will be working some different muscles.
And pretty much anything that comes to my mind that I want to do that fits into the “healthy” theme. Who knows, maybe I’ll even clean my house. Like Gretchen Rubin says… “Outer order, Inner calm”
Please follow along and (if you are able) join me! What better time than the beginning of summer to have a focused healthy time!? Of course, for me it also helps that my computer is still broken. 🙂
Boot Camp starts Monday June 5th!