I am overweight. Like, a lot. Like, I have to buy clothes in the plus size area. That’s not cool. I used to be thin and healthy… now I am out of breath walking up some stairs.
So, that is going to change! I have had it. And I am going to keep track of how I am doing at changing here on this blog!
I know, this has nothing to do with crafts and geeky things (sorry). However, each Monday I am going to post an update on my health/exercise from the past 7 days. If you don’t want to follow along with this, just skip Mondays and all my regular stuff will be the rest of the week 🙂
Not pretty, right? (especially with a Portal turret apparently aimed at my butt)
The thing is, it wasn’t all that long ago that I was about 80lbs lighter and in a lot better shape. I felt better and, in all modesty, I looked HOT! Now I have this weird double chin thing and who knows how many stomachs are in there. Not hot.
A few weeks ago I started using the treadmill some and was trying to add more protein into my meals and quit sweets and sodas. However, I didn’t actually reduce the size of my meals any and since I wasn’t eating sweets I pretty much let myself eat whatever non-sweet thing I wanted… and I gained 5lbs.
Here’s my plan:
- Watch my food intake. I know that right now I eat waaaaay too much. We own a food scale for the hubby, so I’m going to start keeping track of how much I am eating.
- Continue with no sweets or sodas.
- Limit my intake of non-whole-wheat breads, pastas, and everything else that is so heavenly
- More protein and fiber with each meal… meaning more meats, fruits, and protein filled stuff like greek yogurt.
- 3 reasonable sized meals and 1 afternoon snack (snack being something like cottage cheese, celery, fruit, etc… not candy bars)
- No eating past 7:30pm
- Exercise at least 4 times a week
- Yoga every day
- Track everything with the app MyFitnessPal (I’m clamboAK if anyone would like to friend me!)
A trick I learned for helping when I have cravings is to paint my nails whenever I am really craving something. Give myself a full manicure if I need to, including the bottom and top coats of polish! This not only leaves me with very pretty nails pretty much everyday but also it is exceptionally hard to reach into a bag of chips with wet nails.
Wish me luck!! If you’d like to join me in this challenge leave me a comment or email me at email@example.com. Maybe we can form some kind of accountability group or something?
Thanks for reading!