Thursday March 2nd, 2017 is National Banana Cream Pie Day. That’s tomorrow! So, in anticipation of this wonderful occasion (and to give you a day to go grocery shopping) I present to you my favorite Banana Cream Pie recipe:
- 1 Cup Cold Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) Instant Banana Pudding Mix
- 1 container (12 ounces) Cool Whip or other whipped topping
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust or Regular Crust 9 inches (I like graham cracker)
- 2 or 3 Bananas
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla, and pudding mix until thick. Fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip.
- Slice the bananas and layer them in the bottom of the pie crust, leaving a few to garnish on top. Pour the pudding/cool whip mixture over the bananas. Refrigerate until pudding has set a little and then spread the rest of the cool whip over the top of the pudding. Use the remaining banana slices to garnish the top.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before eating. Store leftover pie in the refrigerator.
Sadly, I don’t have a picture of this. I need to make one and take a picture!! Or, if you make it… please send me a pic 🙂
Happy Banana Cream Pie Day!!